I think that Emily Dickinson used this song as a background in so many of her poems because it has a Godly message to it. I have heard this on in the car before on the Christian channel, WIBI, and Emily Dickinson used it a lot because she was taugh as a child to have a God filled background in her life. Anyways, she uses it a lot because she had that background. Emily Dickinson never actually became affiliated with the church, but her family was. Since she never got out much and rarely if at all had visitors her family played a huge role in her. Since she never became a member of the church, I think that this song has a lot do with her life. When it says, Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, Was blind, but now I see, I believe that she was glad that she had the grace of God. She never went out and did all the Godly things that one should do and she was so happy because she had the grace of God that could save her.
In eighth grade, I went to a Christian school and we watched a movie in literature class about slavery and the reason that I bring this up is that Amazing Grace was the song that was played in it, and it may have been the title of the movie. Anyways, the song was written because of slavery, I can't think who wrote it, but it was written from this point.
Although Emily Dickinson never came out about God much, I think that she had a great relationship with the Lord. She came from a strong Christian household which raised her, but the party where I know that I am right about this comes from her writing of poems with Amazing Grace as it goes along with the poem. No one does that just to do it, so she had to have a motive for doing it and I believe that it was because she loved the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment