Well I am on forty nine blogs, and I am trying to think of one more topic to get me to fifty. The topic that popped up into my head was the relationship between Phoebe and Holden. They are brother and sister and what brought this up into my mind was how close they were. They loved each other very much and that was nice to see. She loved him so much that she wanted to move away with him forever. "My clothes," she said. "I'm going with you. Can I? Okay?" (Salinger, 267). She was willing to basically give up her whole life, in order to move away with her brother. She was ten I believe, and she was wanting to leave her family and friend to go with her older brother. I do not think that you would ever imagine of somebody doing something like that. However, it speaks volumes to how much she loved her brother and wanted to spend time with him. Even when they talked in the story, you got this feeling that they were best friends, but they were brother and sister. I thought that it was kind of neat to see a relationship like that because normally you do not see brothers and sisters too close. In my case, I have a ten year old sister, and she would never do anything like Phoebe did. She will not even give me a hug. We may not be close like Phoebe and Holden, but we still love each other, no matter how much she does not want to admit it. We are brother and sister, and we were born into the same family and we have to love each other. We do not have to get along, but we have to love each other. I just wish that we had the brother sister relationship that Phoebe and Holden did. It would definitely make me feel a lot better about myself.
Bibliography
Salinger, J. D. The Catcher in the Rye. Boston: Little, Brown, 1951. Print.
No comments:
Post a Comment