I think that the author places two responsibilities on two different age groups. The first age group is the teenagers. As silly as it sounds I think that Salinger believes teenagers will have a hard time of being mature. They kicked me out. I wasn't supposed to come back after Christmas vacation, on account of I was flunking four subjects and not apply. (Salinger, 6). I do not think that Salinger is saying that every kid is going to be flunkin their classes, but I do think what Salinger is trying to say here is that kids will be kids. They are not going to try any harder than what they have to. The other age group that the author puts a responsibility on is adults. I think that he is telling the adults that they have to teach their kid how to grow up and to do things right. They need to guide them into the right path. They are not going to be their every step of the way,, but they need to prepare you for what is to come, and how you should respond to difficult times.
I think that Salinger was in the same situation that Holden was in, and that is what influenced him. I believe that he had a hard maturing and growing up and that is what influenced him. He probably was one of those kids who loved to go out and have a good time, not apply themselves in school, and in the end, had a hard time growing up. I think that he wanted to send us a message, and prevent this from happening to other kids.
Bibliography
Salinger, J. D. The Catcher in the Rye. Boston: Little, Brown, 1951. Print.
No comments:
Post a Comment